Injuries From Falls In Hospitals
Falls in hospitals are far more common than anyone would like to think. According to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, between 700,000 and 1 million people fall in hospitals every year. While not all falls result in injury, a significant number result in broken bones, internal bleeding, cuts and other harm.
At the law firm of Sokol & Associates, P.C., in Portland, our attorneys handle injuries caused by the negligence of hospitals and other care centers. If you or someone you love was injured in a fall, call
503-575-9683 to schedule a free initial consultation. We represent clients in Oregon and southwestern Washington.
Was The Hospital Negligent?
Most falls that occur in hospitals are usually preventable accidents that someone failed to prevent. Every hospital should have a fall prevention program that includes such actions as:
- Assisting patients who are under medication
- Assisting patients who are feeling dizzy or faint
- Providing wheelchairs to patients who are at risk of falling
- Securing unconscious patients
- Helping patients in and out of bed
- Helping patients go to the bathroom
- Ensuring that beds have proper rails
- Cleaning up spills
- Providing warning of areas with slip-and-fall hazards, such as mopped floors
If we think the facility was negligent in preventing your fall, we will pursue compensation for damages such as medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Call Now For A Free Case Evaluation
Our lawyers handle cases of negligence against hospitals, emergency rooms, nursing homes and other care facilities. Call at 503-575-9683 or complete our contact form to schedule a free and confidential consultation to discuss your case.